Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby Makin’ Music

 

These days, it seems as though the concept of baby making music has become like those microwave versions of dinner entrees that you can find in your grocer’s freezer section.  Same great taste, maybe, but the preparation has been drastically reduced for the sake of convenience.  While that’s laudable, some of the blessing comes from the fact that someone took their time to pick the best ingredients and spent their most valuable commodity, which is time, to prepare the meal. 

If you’re a ‘70s baby like me, then there’s a strong possibility that you were conceived under the auspices of baby makin’ music. I’m not exactly sure what’s supposed to be passing itself off as the melodic magic filling the air when it’s time to get down to some serious lovin’ these days,  but for me, I dig to find my own as this is the way of the Love Jones Lifestyle.  It could be joints from a couple of decades ago that still has the hypnotic effect to get the juices flowing (pun intended) or it could be something that rides the underground.

This new joint from the spoken word half of the former London-based duo, Floetry, has the same kind of feel as the Mellosmooth version of Maxwell’s ‘Sumthin’, Sumthin’ from the original soundtrack of  Love Jones. Indeed, I like the direction of the Floacist’s solo effort much more than the  whole vindictive vibe of Marsha’s first single.  The addition of Musiq Soulchild’s crooning is like having the cherries with the whip cream.  Anyway, enough of me.  It’s late as I write this and I am yet nursing another unfulfilled jones. 

Enjoy this delightful morsel of visual bliss and sonic sensuality.

Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you live YOUR LoveJonesLifestyle?